Why sponsor the Myakka River State Park Half Marathon / 5K? The answer is simple. The participants and their families are your potential customers. Running is the fastest growing participation sport in the USA. Look at the demographics and levels of participation to see how great the opportunity is to be a sponsor.
- College-Educated: Today’s core runners are highly educated with 79% having earned a college diploma, compared with only 27% of the United States population (ACS, 2006-08).
- Affluent: These runners are affluent with 73% of those surveyed reporting a Household Income of more than $75,000, well above the U.S. median household income of $52,175 (ACS, 2006-08).
- Race Distance: The favorite race distance continues to be the half-marathon reflecting why the half-marathon has been the fastest growing distance in the U.S. since 2003 and why for four consecutive years (2006-09) the 13.1 mile distance has grown by 10% or more in this country, according to Running USA.
- Average Age: 38.6
- 61.9% Married
- 78.7% College educated
- 69.0% Earn a household income of $75,000+
- Average Age: 44.8
- 73.5% Married
- 78.8% College educated
- 76.4% Earn a household income of $75,000+
Estimated U.S. Half-Marathon Finisher Totals